↑ This is me right now.
I am always focused on solving current problems and creating systems that prevent future ones.
Where I work, we keep a very steady pulse. In Traction lingo, we’re a 90-day company. That means we set detailed, quarterly goals and monitor them in weekly departmental meetings that everyone attends. Each person on team, including me, is responsible for these goals; they’re documented and understood by all.
As usual, the last two quarters were very busy. I got the following things done:
- Redesigned my agency marketing website design audit system and presentation. Should be able to show that sometime soon.
- Released some new content features to the Newfangled website. Check out the “we’ve thought a lot about” content theme slider toward the bottom of the home page.
- co-wrote a couple of white papers, one on the common pitfalls of digital marketing, and the other on the relationship between sales and marketing.
- welcomed my daughter into the world on February 6th and took off some serious time to be with her and her mom
- did Whole30 and (somewhat unintentionally) lost 15 pounds
I’ve got a few specific professional goals this quarter. They include:
- Finishing the design of Newfangled’s “Insight Engine” — a data synthesize and analytics system that began as an idea I had in October, 2015, when I went on sabbatical. More to come on that soon…
- Updating the design of as many of Newfangled’s internal documents and sales materials as possible.
- I’ve started 9 new design consulting engagements so far this year, and should be on-boarding 4 more before the end of this quarter… so, finishing those well.
I also have a few personal goals that I’m working on, some of which I’m carrying over from last quarter:
- rebooting (yet again) my newsletter
- starting a new podcast! It’s called The Liminal, and it’s coming soon.
- making as much time for my wife and daughter as possible
— Updated on Tuesday, May 23, 2017.