I am focused on solving current problems and creating systems that prevent future ones.
Where I work, we keep a very steady pulse. In Traction lingo, we’re a 90-day company. That means we set detailed, quarterly goals and monitor them in weekly departmental meetings that everyone attends. Each person on team, including me, is responsible for these goals; they’re documented and understood by all.
Last quarter was extraordinarily busy. But, I got the following things done:
- Redesigned and launched a new Newfangled.com
- Created a new consulting service and delivered 6 engagements, some still ongoing
- Planned and delivered Newfangled’s 2016 seminar
- collaborated with four other writers on a white paper about the great inversion in digital marketing
- wrote two new case studies
- created The Newfangled Marketing Podcast and recorded 6 episodes
- successfully made some new habits that increased my focus, including scheduled focus time, routine journaling, etc.
I’ve got a few specific professional goals this quarter. They include:
- making even more organizational changes at Newfangled and coaching my team so that we can continue in our mission to empower agencies to generate ideal new business opportunities
- globally aligning all of Newfangled’s documentation, which is a bigger task than it sounds
- creating a client audit system that measures and scores client success in 5 distinct areas related to their digital marketing
- launching The Newfangled Marketing Podcast
- working on a pretty exciting R&D project that I’ll be able to discuss more later this year
- continuing to increase my focus and do more deep work
I also have a few personal goals that I’m working on:
- rebooting my newsletter
- “spring cleaning” my media intake (I need new voices in my head, so that means finding new podcasts and writing that help to broaden my thinking around the things I care about, and letting go of some old ones that no longer make sense to spend attention on)
- keeping up with a daily journal that I started this year (it’s not a deep habit yet, but will be, I hope)
- redesigning and rebuilding this website
- redesigning my workout regimen
— Updated on Wednesday, May 11, 2016.